Thursday, June 12, 2014

Q–Well Quirky of course

 

Blog Challenge pictures-001

Quirk is defined by Merriam Webster as being:

: an unusual habit or way of behaving

: something strange that happens by chance

 

Quirky is the adjective form.

I often refer to myself as quirky.  But after looking up the definition I realize that I we are all quirky.  We are all unusual.  We all have interesting habits.  Strange things happen often. 

This discovery is also helping me on my balance discovery journey.

  I often compare myself to what I think of others.

Suzy June can homeschool her kids, go to school full time, work part time, and all her kids are incredibly smart, oh and did I mention she is a single mom.   I think WOW! She is so amazing!  I want to be like her. 

But in reality, I don’t.  I want to be me.

Clara Mae is a stay at home mom, all her kids go to high end private schools, her family goes on extravagant vacations two or three times a year, her house is always spotless, he kids are impeccable in their looks, their education, their manner and they are all above grade level.  She has the life! I want to be like her.

Truth is, I don’t.  I want to be me.

Patricia April is a stay at home mom, all her kids go to normal public school, sometimes her family struggles to pay the bills, her only hobby is reading and she doesn’t get dressed most days.  WOW! She has it easy!  I want to be like her.

Nope.  I want to be me.

 

Alisha March is an amazing homeschooler.  She works from home. She always does fun hands on school that her kids just love.  She even writes her own curriculum most of the time.  She enjoys a very active social life for her and her children.  Her family travels often and there is always money left over.  He kids go to bed on time, get up  on time and her house is always white glove clean.  She is an amazing blogger with an insane amount of followers that actually read her blog daily and look up to her.

This one is the hardest one for me.  But I still want to sit down for a few minutes a day and not be stressed.  I just want to be me.

Sometimes I look at each of these people, each of their families, (and more) and I get envious of certain aspects of their life.  I try to achieve what they have.  Then I realize all I would have to give up of my life already or myself already to attempt to create what they have.

I am happy with my life now.  I am happy that we are all quirky in our own ways.  I am extremely happy to know such a wide variety of people and see a glimpse into their lives.

I am so grateful for blogs of all types.  I enjoy getting a look into how others do things so that I can decide if I want to try them in our home.  I am finding the balance of not thinking that I alone can do it all!

I will see you all again later.  Thank you, Thank you for your time in reading my blog and ramblings and dealing with all my quirkiness.


 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...